Nairn Synchro - Equality Statement
Nairn Synchro is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of sports equity:
“Equal opportunity in sport is about fairness, equality of access, recognizing inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about ensuring the culture and structure of sport is equally accessible to everyone in society.”
• “The Club” respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social / economic status.
• “The Club” is totally committed to the principals and practice of equal opportunities as stated above across its training, coaching and competitive programme by all its members.
• “The Club” is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of discrimination, intimidation, harassment and abuse.
• All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
• “The Club” will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously according to club disciplinary procedures and national governing body (Scottish Swimming) guidelines
(see Disciplinary Procedures Section on the Club website)